TUE, FEB 21, 2023 08:00 CET
BPC Instruments (“BPC” or “the Company”) hereby publishes the year-end report for the period January 1 – December 31, 2022. The year-end report is available as an attached file to this release and on the Company’s website (www.bpcinstruments.com). Below is a summary of the report.
CEO Dr. Jing Liu comments:
“As we close the books on the financial year of 2022 we recognize that BPC’s strong growth continued with an impressive net sales increase of +27 percent, amounting to over SEK 33.5 million, compared to SEK 26.4 million in 2021. Our EBIT for the full year increased to SEK 5.1 million in 2022, compared to SEK 4.9 million in 2021. The financial results once again prove that BPC is a solid green-tech company with good growth potential as our business expands in both biogas and new market segments.”
Q4 | 2022-10-01 – 2022-12-31
- Net sales for the quarter amounted to 11 109 (9 156) kSEK
- EBIT for the quarter amounted to 1 846 (2 794) kSEK
- Net profit for the quarter amounted to 1 215 (2 672) kSEK
- Earnings per share for the quarter amounted to 0,12 (0,26) SEK
Full year | 2022-01-01 – 2022-12-31
- Net sales for the full year amounted to 33 552 (26 447) kSEK
- EBIT for the full year amounted to 5 109 (4 944) kSEK
- Net profit for the full year amounted to 3 831 (4 582) kSEK
- Earnings per share for the period amounted to 0,37 (SEK 0,44) SEK
- Total cash and equivalents at the end of the period were 14 659 (17 998) kSEK
“BPC Instruments” refers to BPC Instruments AB with organization number 556687-2460. The number of shares in BPC Instruments as of December 31, 2022: 10 454 000 shares (10 454 000).
Highlights during 2022
- On March 1, BPC announced the global launch of BPC® Go, the next-generation instrument for ultra-low gas volume and flow measurement with high precision and accuracy for laboratory applications.
- On March 24, BPC Instruments announced that the Company has completed its objective in 2021 to expand its office, laboratory, and production warehouse, as well as complete the process of moving a large part of production in-house.
- On April 4, BPC informed about increased market potential as the Swedish government recently announced a long-term investment plan for boosting biogas/biomethane production to reduce the country’s dependence on imports of fossil natural gas and contribute to achieving climate and environmental goals.
- On April 4, BPC announced that the Company has submitted a patent application that covers a new ultra-low gas volume and flow measurement technology for the Company’s next-generation analytical instruments.
- On April 5, BPC announced that the Company has submitted a patent application for the development of a new product line in the future.
- On April 20, BPC announced that the Company had entered a new business segment – biodegradability evaluation of plastics.
- On April 20, BPC received a grant from the European Patent Office regarding the Company’s core analytical technology in feedstock quality analysis for biogas production.
- On June 16, BPC announced a large order intake for delivery of six complete AMPTS® Systems with a total order value of 1,7 MSEK.
- On August 25, BPC submitted the third patent application for this year, which covers a novel incubation system for the Company’s next-generation analytical instruments with applications in multiple biotech sectors.
- On November 9, BPC received two succession purchase orders from a UK-based green energy supplier for the delivery of six complete AMPTS® systems with a total order value of over 130 000 Euro.
- On November 18, BPC announced the global launch of BPC® Move – a compact standalone mechanical agitator ideal for easy and reliable mixing, dispersion, and dissolution of high solid suspension and particle-free solution.
- On December 6, BPC received one purchase order from a Japanese green energy company for the delivery of six complete Gas Endeavour® systems and accessories with a total order value of over 120 000 Euro.
Highlights after the end of 2022
- On January 19, 2023, BPC informed that the Company has been selected as member of the European Biomethane Industrial Partnership to enable increased biogas production in Europe.
- On January 25, 2023, BPC announces that the Company has signed an agreement to establish a new Joint Venture firm in Malmö for assembling the core modules and key components of Company’s flagship products.
- On January 31, 2023, BPC received a purchase order of two Gas Endeavour® systems with a total order value of over 500 000 SEK from a Danish multinational industrial group after a successful product demonstration and technical evaluation for compostability analysis of new plastic materials.
- On February 1, 2023, BPC informed that the Company has joined the Swedish Biogas Solutions Research Center as an industrial partner.
- On February 1, 2023, BPC announced that Fore C Investment, founded by Göran Nordlund, acquired LU Holding’s entire shareholding in BPC. Fore C thus becomes the new fourth major shareholder and holds 4.2 percent of ownership in BPC.
- On February 10, 2023, BPC received a purchase order from a Korean consortium consisting of five companies and a university for the delivery of multiple products of the Company’s flagship analytical instruments with a total order value of over 81 000 Euro.
No other events have occurred since the end of the period that has materially affected the report.